Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Economics of Jesus?

I have been thinking, reading and on rare occasions writing about what an economics grounded in the gospel might look like. In some senses, this is obvious. But surely what we are called to by Jesus and those who followed him is much more difficult in this sense than in any other.

I found the following comment on a blog post from Jesus Manifesto that I think puts the whole issue in perspective:
The fact that God is sovereign means that I can reject injustice and the fruits of injustice even when the wisdom of "this world" deems it irrational. I can have faith that God is working things out for the good of those who love Him. The question is "what does loving Him look like?" and I think the point of this article, is that loving God looks little like what we have been doing and attempting to twist into a blessing.
Surely, honest discipleship entails working out the meaning of this and following it.

No comments:

Post a Comment